Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Training Schedule for last week

I have begun the process of tapering which is allowing or reducing the volume of my excercise. If I haven't worked hard enough by now, then the next two weeks won't matter. I am trying to maintain the strength and endurance but also give my body a rest. Tapering is very important before a key race so last week and the next couple week's training reflects this concept.

Tuesday 8/12 - Swam 1.5miles -
Wednesday - Biked on an indoor trainer for one hour, doing 2x10min intervals
Thursday - Ran 6 miles
Friday - Swam - 4x 300/200/100m with 15 second rest
Saturday - I actually did a full brick work out - .5m swim, 45m bike and a 4m run
Sunday - It was the parish picnic and I ate 1 hotdog, 1 brat, 1 cup of beer and 2 cupcakes -- I shouldn't have

2 comments:

Froggy said...

You should have skipped the cupcake and had TWO cups of beer. I am following your progress and wish you well....Lee (banjo)

Stacey Lang said...

It makes sense that with such an outlay of time and energy that triathlon training should be as effective and as efficient as possible. And with a sport like this, it requires some careful, upfront planning.