Friday, August 8, 2008

Training for the week

After breathing in a bag, I continued my training for the week.

Before that, let me address the topics of which plan, training book, are the ideal books to use.

There are many books out there! I own the following:

1. Going Long which can be found here http://www.amazon.com/Going-Long-Ironman-Distance-Triathlons-Multisport/dp/1931382247

2. Triathlete Magazine - Essential Week by Week Training Guide
http://www.amazon.com/Triathlete-Magazines-Essential-Week-Training/dp/0446696765/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218225505&sr=1-1

3. The 12-Week Triathlete: Train for a Triathlon in Just Three Months
http://www.amazon.com/12-Week-Triathlete-Train-Triathlon-Months/dp/1592331262/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218225559&sr=1-1

4. Start to Finish Ironman Training 24 Weeks to an Endurance Triathlon
http://www.amazon.com/Finish-Ironman-Training-Endurance-Triathlon/dp/1841261025/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218225619&sr=1-1

There are a few that I have but these are the ones I refer to.

You should probably read them all because they all have useful information. #1 is good book to read for the ironman, I didn't follow there plan but instead took some of the information such as strategies during the bike. #3 is simple and step by step by step. #4 is simple also and has a training program. #2 is strictly training programs.

Since I was plagued with injury this year, I have been training for the most part using #3 along with some tidbits from the other books. Before embarking on this crazy adventure and choosing a program, you should really look at goals and performance levels.

This week, I rode my trainer on Tuesday and did intervals...I really don't like riding indoors especially on a trainer because the vibration tends to make the crotch area numb. But this time, it wasn't bad because I switch saddles to an SMP with a cut out. This is a good saddle and I will write more about it later.

Wednesday, I swam 1.5 miles with a 400yd warm up, followed up with some 59yd drills and the interval of 3 X 300,200,100 and 15 sec rest in between.

Thursday, I rode about 30m then ran about 40 minutes.

Today...I am tired and gearing up for 100m ride tomorrow....Although I should have swam today. Maybe later.

No comments: