Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Less than two weeks...

Again, I need to find a paperbag to breathe in because I have less than 2 weeks before the race. To be honest, I am a little nervous..ok a lot nervous and even flat out scared. I think if anyone tells you that they aren't nervous and scared then they either are lying or even more crazy than the normal person who attempts this distance.

The swim is a huge X factor because it is the Ohio River and the racing conditions depend on the weather the day of and the days prior. If it rains beforehand, then the current can be strong. The first third to half a mile is upstream while the rest is downstream. The key is working hard enough to go upstream without expending all the energy.

I will have more thoughts as it gets closer..but right now, I need alka seltzer....

No comments: