Monday, August 4, 2008

Thank you for your support

My blog is not always completely updated so I hope to finish up my thoughts from the muncie race and continue with a brief description of my training regiment these past few weeks and the next 4.5 till race day.

I would like to take time to thank all of those who came up to me and showed their support. I have dedicated this race to my family, especially my mom who is suffering from kidney failure and dad who is very supportive of her, Our Lady (who has protected me) and the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius.

I was trying to bring awareness to kidney problems but the many organizations that I contacted weren't very helpful. On the contrary Fr. Phillips and St. John Cantius and the parishoners have been very supportive my efforts to not only finish the race by race money for the Canons.

I have been training all spring and summer amidst the stresses of life and various injuries but when I see all of you approach my display, talk about triathlons and donate whatever you can, it helps get through the 100 mile bike rides and and 13 mile runs.

I have finished the race yet so please stop by and and say hello, it does mean a lot to me and I know it means a lot to the Canons.

No comments: