Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Continued Training

Even though I haven't been consistent about writing about my training, I HAVE been training. Last Saturday, I rode 50 miles on my bike. It was a nice ride but doing the loops more than once tend to get boring.

Last Sunday, I ran 9.5 miles based on a running schedule that my friend and I had created for me. I was a little tired from the previous day's ride but during the race I will be tired from the previous activity. I stayed below 80% MHR. It was a good run. Two weeks prior, I wasn't as prepared and after mile 7, I became hungry and delirious or deliriously hungry..thinking about pizza and ice cream. During this run, I packed fig newtons.

Monday was a rest day. Tuesday, I ran 3 miles with one set of fartleks. Today...I didn't have time to train as of the publication of this post, so I did some weight training during lunch.

No comments: